Last night we received our first Blue Apron delivery. I had gifted two weeks of Blue Apron to my brother and his girlfriend for Christmas and after hearing their reviews Tom and I decided to try it ourselves.
- Complete meals with 500-700 calories per serving
- 35 minutes to prepare on average
- Pre-portioned ingredients to save time and reduce waste
- Easy to follow beautifully printed recipe cards
- Premium seasonal ingredients from artisanal purveyors
- Emphasis on sustainable practices
- Fresher than the supermarket
- Specialty ingredients you can’t find on your own
- Meals recommended each week based on your dietary preferences
- Starting at $8.74 per person per meal
Last night we made the Steak and Miso-Roasted Vegetable Salad. Overall the recipe required approximately 35 minutes including prep/cook time. All of the ingredients were extremely fresh and the fact that everything is pre-portioned out for the recipe is so convenient. I also appreciated that the steak was thin enough that it cooked quickly (cooking steak on the stove can be a pain sometimes). It was so easy to throw the turnips and sweet potatoes in the oven while I cooked the steak and prepped the salad. We loved the way it turned out! My favorite part of the meal —> the dipping sauce was delicious with all the different spices and I loved the sweet potatoes in the kale salad.
Veggies prior to being cooked in the oven.
Tonight we will be making the pan-roasted chicken with mashed potatoes and maple-glazed carrots. Let’s hope it’s as successful as last night’s meal!
Have you tried Blue Apron? Any other meal-delivery service? What’d you think?