This survey has been going around and I thought it’d make for a fun post!
Four names that people call me other than my real name:
- Alexis (my full name)
- Wish or Wishy. My mom has called me this since I was little. I think it started off as ‘Alawishus’ and has shortened over time to ‘Wish’.
- Little One. I can’t remember when my friends started calling me this but it’s been a long time. Some of them are even shorter/smaller than I am and still call me Little One.
Four jobs I’ve had:
- Dispatcher for a delivery company
- Receptionist at Prestige Porsche
- Marketing Intern at BRIDES Magazine
- Marketing and Production Coordinator at a health tech company
Four movies I’ve watched more than once:
- Shawshank Redemption
- Pearl Harbor
- Despicable Me
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Four books I’d recommend:
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I’ve read this countless times.
- Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt. I love his writing and all of his books are amazing.
- Killing Lincoln
- All of Malcolm Gladwell’s books (Blink, Outliers, The Tipping Point, What the Dog Saw, David and Goliath)
Four places I’ve lived:
- Northern NJ
- Syracuse, NY
- Madrid, Spain (Study abroad Junior year of college)
- Hoboken, NJ
Four places I’ve been: All have been due to my time studying abroad and I’m extremely grateful for each experience.
- Cairo, Egypt (I guess I’m letting everyone know the pyramids are big…)
- Vienna, Austria
- Italy (Florence, Rome, Amalfi Coast, Capri, Pompeii). —Visiting Pompeii was my one request when my family went to visit my sister abroad in Rome. I learned about Pompeii in my Latin class in high school and had always wanted to go. It was extremely heartbreaking but it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience that was just surreal.
- France (Paris, Chamonix) Chamonix is one of the oldest ski resorts in France and is known as the “gateway to the European Cascades”. It’s such a cute ski/snowboard town where everyone is extremely laid back and friendly. I went snowboarding here and I couldn’t believe the beauty of the mountains. I
want towill go back!
Four places I’d rather be right now:
- On beach somewhere warm. It’s really cold and rainy today.
- Vermont, snowboarding with Tom.
- Curled up on my couch watching one of my favorite shows. Like I said, it’s a rainy day
- In Newport, Rhode Island (my favorite place to be).
Four things I don’t eat:
- Brussel Sprouts
- Fish (I wish I liked fish but I just cannot stand the taste. My mom had food poisoning from seafood when she was pregnant with me and she thinks this could stem from that).
Four of my favorite foods:
- Penne with vodka sauce
- The breaded chicken my mom makes (I need her recipe but it’s my favorite chicken ever)
- Peanut butter
- All fruit but especially blueberries and peaches
Four TV shows I watch:
- Orange is the New Black
- American Horror Story
- Parks and Recreation
- Modern Family
Four things I’m looking forward to this year:
- NYE – snowboarding and hanging out with all my best friends in a cabin in the mountains.
- Snowboarding Trip this winter. Tom and I haven’t decided where we want to go yet but our vacation last year to Vermont to go snowboarding was one of my favorite vacations ever.
- Friend’s Wedding in Florida – a really good family friend is getting married in Florida in May and the wedding will be in the city where I grew up going to every summer. My whole family went this past summer but I couldn’t make it due to our move. This will be the first time Tom has been and I’m excited to show him where I spent my summer vacations growing up.
- Holidays with my family!
Four things I’m always saying:
- “Imagine?” My friends make fun of me for this one. If any type of odd scenario comes up it’s always followed by me saying “Imagine?”
- “2 seconds”. I’ll be there in 2 seconds. I’ll be ready in 2 seconds. Give me 2 seconds. FYI – It’s never 2 seconds…
- “I love you” to Tom, my family, friends, strangers (just kidding on that last one)
- “Sounds good”
What are 4 books you would recommend?
Movies you’ve watched more than once?